Frequently Asked Questions
How old does my baby need to be to attend a Bay-bee massage class?
As long your baby is fit and healthy, massage classes are suitable from birth until they are happy to lie still and participate in massage.
How old does my baby need to be to attend a Bay-bee Yoga class?
Our Beginner Bay-bee Yoga classes are suitable from 8 weeks. Our Advanced Bay-bee Yoga classes are suitable from around 16-18 weeks or 5 months, once your little one can hold their own head up.
Our classes are friendly, very relaxed and most importantly, baby led! You are encouraged to feed, change or comfort your baby as they need you to. You can then rejoin the class when they are ready.
Do I need to bring anything?
You may like to bring your own blanket or cushion. Mats and all other required resources are provided and thoroughly cleaned in line with our Covid-19 policy.
What should my baby wear for massage and yoga?
Your baby can wear anything that is comfortable and easy for you to take on and off such as a babygrow.
Is the class only for mums?
Not at all! Even though currently only one adult can attend due to Covid-19 restrictions, that could mum, dad, grandparent, foster parent or whoever is the caregiver for the child on that day. We also welcome childminders and nannies.
What if my baby has had their injections prior to one of the sessions?
It is recommended that you wait 24 hours after immunisations, but if you feel your baby is well and has no temperature you can attend the class but it is best to avoid massaging the area where they have been injected.
Who massages my baby?
You do. I teach parents to massage their own babies, I do not massage them. I demonstrate the techniques to use with a doll. It is also worth noting that only one parent should massage a baby at any time.
How are classes Covid-19 secure?
We have a detailed Covid-19 risk assessment in place and the following key practices:
- The class teacher has completed Covid-19 awareness training and carries out weekly lateral flow tests.
- You are asked not to attend if you or anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms of Covid-19.
- You are asked to wear a mask upon entering, departing and moving around the hall. Your mask can be removed when you are on your mat.
- No groups to cross – there are 15 minutes between each class. A one-way system is in place to enter and leave the building.
- There is dedicated cleaning time between classes. During this time, all mats and resources are thoroughly cleaned. Door handles and key touch points are also wiped down.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use on arrival and departure of the hall. Anti-bacterial wipes are also available for use.
- Attendees are asked to socially distance. Mats are laid out appropriately so each attendee and their baby have their own spot, giving everyone the opportunity to adequately distance from each other. We also kindly ask that you socially distance when entering and exiting classes.
- Numbers of adults are limited and only one parent/carer can attend with the child.
- In the event of another national lockdown or if the course teacher needs to isolate, classes will move online for that week or, if possible, an extra date may be added at the end of term.